Spicy Thai Kale Chips
- 10 oz organic kale, stems removed (washed, rinsed, and dried)
- 3.5 cups of pre-soaked Cashews
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tbsp of Curry powder (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Filtered water for consistency
- 2 tbsp Olive, Grapeseed or Avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tsp Cayenne pepper powder (adjust to taste)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover, by a couple of inches, with filtered water. Allow to soak for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Rinse the kale. Remove any thick stems and chop into smaller pieces, if necessary. Let dry. Transfer to a large bowl.
- After the cashews have been soaked, discard water and rinse.
- Place all ingredients (minus the kale) into a food processor and puree.
- Add filtered water if the puree is too thick. The cashew mixture should have the consistency similar to the photo below.
- Pour the cashew mixture over the kale and massage until the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Place the kale in a dehydrator in thin layers and dehydrate for several hours or until desired crunchiness has been achieved.
Serve and enjoy!